Saturday, September 25, 2010

Let's Get Real for a Moment

Would someone please explain to me why I'm doing this to myself? This running thing is what I'm referring to. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in awhile, but I didn't have much encouragement or anything positive to offer. I still don't. The last 2 weeks of training have been challenging to say the least. Today was the last day of week 8 of my program. It sucked. Things seem to be getting harder everytime I go out and I'm not sure why. I thought by now things would be getting easier. I had a small taste of "easy" and it was fleeting. Is this normal? Is this kind of struggle typical? I don't know, but it's getting old. It seems that every run has started out a bit stressful too. Most recently, before 2 of my last 3 runs I couldn't get my GPS program to find a satellite! Are you kidding me?!? There hasn't been a cloud in the sky and the flippin' thing can't find a satellite...it must be floating over Australia or something. Good grief.

The one word that keeps floating through my mind is "perseverance". I just looked it up the definition on dictionary.com and this what it says:

1. Steady persistance in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

Wow, that describes a lot of my life right now, not just running. So, I guess the answer for the running is to take each one, difficulties and all, one day at a time and to keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am soooo with you. No, I don't think it will ever be easy. Esp. since we aren't 'runners' but that's kind of like life, right? Ok. So, I'm gonna go try and run now.

    ReplyDelete