Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Things

Oh, so many things floating around in my head... Lets see if I can manage to condense them into 3 little topics.


1. I have a tendency to analyze the crap out of things. I've been doing this lately with the carb-rotation diet. I analyze the crap out of every calorie I put into my body, every ounce of weight that I gain or lose, and then every little bit of guilt I have over any non-diet food I put into my mouth. So, I think for awhile, I'm abandoning the diet. Not completely, but mostly. I'm still going to eat 5 small meals through the day. I'm going to keep the food I consume as clean as possible. I'm going to try my best to consume veggies at least once per day. But as far as weighing every tenth of an ounce of food, or even weighing every tenth of an ounce of my weight, I'm not going to do it. I'm allowing myself some cheats, either in the form of meals or snacks, but I'm not going to go wild with it. If we're craving Mexican (like we were last night), then we'll go get Mexican (like we did last night). The diet has made me crazy, for lack of a better term. I'm just going to do my best to maintain my current weight. If I eat like crap one day, then I'll follow a stricter eating plan the following day, maybe two days, depending on how crappy I ate. I've just come to the conclusion that I'm way too stressed about my weight and body image. By mostly abandoning the diet, I'm working toward achieving that sense of emotional balance that I'm striving for this year.

2. I'm still thinking about doing a marathon... I ran the Indianapolis Half Marathon this past October, which was beautiful. The weather was perfect, the scenery was great... Race conditions for the day couldn't have been more ideal than they were that day. So, if I were to run a marathon, this one would be the one to run. October 15th of this year. That gives me plenty of time to complete the training plan, not to mention plenty of time to build up my base of mileage and fitness level. What was your thought process when trying to decide about running your first marathon?

3. The Hubs, the Babe and I are going to the Creation Museum this weekend. We're pretty excited about it! Its only roughly 2-3 hours away from here, and we're using this as an opportunity to not only visit the museum for the first time, but we're also treating this as a test run for our road trip to Orlando at the end of February for the Disney Princess Half and our vacation. It'll be a few hours in the car to see how the Babe does and an overnight stay away from home to see how well he sleeps in the pack-n-play too. Soooo, we'll see how that goes for us.

And a bonus 4. Sis and I are in the Disney Princess Half Marathon next month! Yay!! We want to dress the part for the race and are thinking tutu's. Anyone out there have any fun wardrobe suggestions, tutu-related or otherwise, that are running-friendly?

3 comments:

  1. i wanna know what you think of the creation museum. its on the way as we travel to the in-law's so i wanna stop there sometime.

    a friend of mine found an easy tinkerbell costume, if you want i can try to get the web site link from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Danville on Tall Mom's list and had to stop in and check your blog out. I am from Danville, Kentucky! Looks like we both did Indianapolis this past October. I did the full. Good luck if you decide to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great piece of work, I read few posts on this site and I conceive that your web site is very interesting and has got sets of excellent info . Thanks for linking this up..
    College Essays

    ReplyDelete