Friday, December 10, 2010

Fitness Friday?

Sure! Its Friday, and I ran this morning. So, we'll definitely file today under Fitness Friday! Its been rather crazy around here lately. Lots of things that always come up that I want to write about, but never get around to actually doing it. Just too much stuff going on. But, I won't bore you with all those details.

The Babe got his first ear infection this week. That has totally sucked... more so for him than me, I'm sure. He woke up around 11pm about 3 nights ago and screamed & cried unconsolably all night long. It was terribly rough, especially since we could not figure out what was wrong with him. No fever, not tugging on ears, not coughing... All he had was a runny nose, and he had had that for a few days by this point. So, what now? Well, thank GOD the Hubs had some paid time off (classified as "unforseen time"), so he stayed up with the Babe most of the night so I could make it to work the next day. He took him into the doctor and turned out he had a raging ear infection. The kid never once touched his ear all night long. Luckily, we got him on the appropriate meds, and he's been doing much better since then, although not taking more than a few ounces at a time from the bottle.

Other than that, I've been trying to run, but haven't been able to. This week has been so screwy that I haven't gotten in as many workouts as I'd like. BUT, I still made it in. I was able to do an hour on the 'mill yesterday, and did 4.5 miles this morning, in spite of the longer drive due to crappy roads from the snow we got last night. So, all in all, I'd call this week 'satisfactory'. I got some work in, although not quite as much as I'd like (only because its the holiday season).

I've decided that I'll be cutting myself a little bit of slack, diet-wise for this month. I want to enjoy the goodies that come in multitudes this time of year without feeling guilty. And so, I've decided that I'd much rather workout more so that I can enjoy those goodies, as opposed to avoiding the goodies. Hopefully I'll break even this month.

Have a wonderful weekend, All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment