Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday has come upon us once again...

So glad its Thursday... that means tomorrow is Friday. And Friday means dinner with my brother and sis-in-law and nephew, all recently moved to Indy from Florida. Dinner will be consisting of either Chinese or Mexican food, but most likely Chinese. Yayy for cheat meals! Here are just a few things from my life lately...

1. I took a couple days off from running, not completely on purpose. It was more along the lines of my snooze button taking precedence over the morning routine. But I finally got my butt out of bed this morning and made it out for a 4.6 mile run. During this run, I decided that I am going to do my best to get a run in every day between now and next weekend. I'm hoping to offset the large quantities of calories that will be consumed on Thanksgiving day by really taking hard to my running and eating super clean for the next week. We'll see how well the eating part of that works out. My plan is to make my AM pre-work runs right around 4-5 miles (same route as this morning), or 2-3 miles if I do my 30-Day Shred DVD that morning. Saturday and Sunday, I'm hoping to get in closer to 6 miles. Keep tracking me on Daily Mile to see if I make it! (BTW, feel free to look me up on DM and 'friend' me... I like motivation.)

2. As far as that potentially HUGE change we may be looking at... we're still waiting. I'm starting to get antsy. We're still praying, and waiting for God to lead us in the right direction. And of course, all of this waiting and praying (and thinking and analyzing and critiquing) has mentally drained me. I.Am.Exhausted...Constantly.

3. I'm pretty excited about my cheat meal coming up tomorrow night with the brother and sis-in-law. I've been craving some Chinese lately, so it will be wonderful if that's what we decide on. I do my best to eat cleanly through the week, and then I cut myself some slack on the weekends. I'm trying to cut myself a little less slack this weekend with Thanksgiving coming up. But, as I read on Tonia with Racing With Babes' blog post HERE, I like to "Eat to run. Run to eat". This has always been my mentality, it only was just put into actual words when I read Tonia'saforementioned blog post about the fortune that she got in her fortune cookie.


Happy Three Things Thursday all!

The T-day countdown is on: 7 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment