Thursday, October 14, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. To start off... My dear sis hasn't been feeling super great lately. She's been a little sickly over the last couple days. So, leave her some love in a comment? I know she would love, love, LOVE the encouragement!


2. In less than 48 hours, I will be toeing the line at the 15th Annual Indianapolis Marathon & Half Marathon. Its getting a little scary, folks!

I have decided to step out of my comfort zone and attempt to run with the 2:15 pace group. I am allowing myself to drop out later in the race, if I feel the absolute need. Otherwise, I'm banking on the adrenaline rush and excitement of the race to get me through those 13.1 miles at that pace. Based on a few online race pace predictors, one of such being from McMillan Running, I would be capable of running a 2:15 - 2:20 half marathon. One calculator I stumbled upon yesterday even gave me a prediction of 2:10! I'm not counting on that one though.

I have had awesome support from my hubs with this race. He has been telling me that he thinks I'll be able to run with the 2:15 pace group without a problem. Oh, the faith he has in me! I love him to death, I really do!


3. With Halloween coming up, and us now having a baby to dress up, we're in the full Halloween spirit this year. I'm really excited for this year (I've NEVER been a big fan of Halloween, except for the candy). Ryder will be dressing up as a monkey, and Steve will have a banana costume. It'll be super cute! Its still up in the air as to whether I will also be wearing a banana costume, or going with something non-banana/monkey-themed, ie cheaper, like an M&M's Dark Chocolate Tank Dress that I found. I do love M&M's and I do love dark chocolate. This costume would be quite fitting.


There's my Thursday Three! Now, I wonder if maybe the Sis will chime in with her Three Things? (hint, hint, wink, wink, Ann... love you!)

1 comment:

  1. You could be the banana and your husband could be the "Man with the Yellow Hat" from Curious George. Or you could be a coconut. ;)

    ReplyDelete