Friday, October 15, 2010

Some pre-race inspiration...

In exactly 24 hours and 10 minutes, I will be hearing the gunshot to start off the 15th Annual Indianapolis Marathon & Half Marathon. Yipee! I've made it this far... no turning back now! I even managed to get my last 20-minute run in this morning at a sub-10 minute pace. Good feelings, good feelings.

My husband gets daily emails from the K-Love radio station, and they're basically the Encouraging Word of the Day. A daily scripture. And today's scripture was especially fitting for tomorrow. I hope to memorize it today and repeat it tomorrow through the race. Have a great weekend all!

"...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." ~Hebrews 12:1

1 comment: