- We can finally justify big, fat pots of chili!
- I love nothing more than wearing my favorite hooded sweatshirts and jeans in the cool, crisp weather.
- The leaves are changing and its beautiful!
- Halloween is this month... I've never been so excited as I am this year! Its mostly because we will get to dress Ryder up in a super-cute monkey outfit... and his Daddy wants to dress up as a giant banana too.
- I've got a half marathon coming up on the 16th, and I think I have a good shot at getting under 2:30!
- Pumpkins!! I've been on a major pumpkin kick lately. I've purchased many sugar pumpkins, roasted and pureed the pumpkin meat, and roasted the seeds. I've made most of the puree into baby food for Ryder, but last night, I also used it to make pumpkin bread (with chocolate chips!) as well as some pumpkin butter. The seeds are freaking delicious too... I roast them with a little bit of salt and a lot of pumpkin pie spice. Once they're out of the oven, I sprinkle them with splenda for a nice, sweet flavor.
- The leaves are changing, which means they'll soon be falling off, giving that ugly sight of dead, naked trees everywhere.
- The mornings will get super cold, making it difficult (or at least not as appealing) to get in a morning run.
- Fall = Winter is next to come.
Here's a quick recap of the month...
Miles run: 80.0 miles
Average Pace: 10:54 min/mile
Fastest Pace: 10:01 min/mile on a 2-mile run
Farthest Run: 11.25 miles
Miles walked (at work): 13.04 miles
It was a pretty good month, I think. I've noticed considerable improvements in my pace overall, which I'm very happy with. My diet is coming to a close this weekend, which is awesome... I'll be able to relax some on food now. Now, I just have to adjust my eating to something similar to how I've been eating over the past 12 weeks, that will allow me to both maintain my current weight and still be able to enjoy the good stuff.
And a giveaway:
Running Diva Mom is hosting a giveaway of Yurbuds. Its something that I've been wanting to buy for awhile now. They're ear buds that claim to not fall out of your ears... something I've been battling over the past month or so since my last pair crapped out on me and I had to resort to my current not-very-secure pair. You can check out the giveaway and enter HERE.
Have a Happy Friday!