Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Disney, Here We Come!

We are officially 5 months and 26 days away from the Disney Princess Half Marathon that we will be running together as the Warrior Princesses! I am Bethany, the little sis, and my big sis, Ann will be running it with me. And I know that she just CANNOT WAIT for the big event. Hahaha...

Anyway, we are, as mentioned, two sisters. She lives in South Carolina, I'm in Indiana, but we're training together for this. We are both also wives and mothers, living our own busy day-to-day lives, striving for balance amongst the chaos. You'll be seeing both of us posting on this blog. I am married to my awesome hubs, Steve, and we have a 6-month old son, Ryder. I couldn't have asked for a better husband, and Ryder, well, he's just flipping awesome.

I guess I'll get down to the nitty gritty of it all. Right now, I'm training for the 15th Annual Indianapolis Half Marathon in October. Why? Honestly, I don't know. I think I was so excited to train for the Disney Princess Half that I decided to jump in and get into a training schedule. I've been a runner for some years now, although I've only done one race, which was the Indy 500 Mini-Marathon, back in 2004. It was not a pleasant experience. Poor training schedule with poor training format made for IT band syndrome in my left knee. I blame it on running the same 1/2 mile loop, in the same direction for the entire duration of my training. And don't ask why I decided to run ultimately 10 miles on the same 1/2 mile loop anyway. But, I digress.

Out of a pure whim, I decided I wanted to train for the Disney Princess Half... I looked up the website and quickly noticed that you can run as part of a team. A TEAM! Immediately, my sister came to mind. Because I'm so cool lame, I almost teared up at the thought of running and finishing this race with my sister, both of us all decked out in our Princess gear. Since we live so far away, its hard for us to get together on a regular basis. At the time, she was a non-runner, so I knew I'd have my work cut out for me if I wanted to convince her. To make a long story short (I'll let her elaborate on that whole story if she wishes), she confessed that she was intrigued. The next thing we knew, thanks to my gift of persuasion, we were signed up! So now, she's working on the Couch to 5K plan, and I'm working on the half marathon in October. I asked her about creating a blog, so we could share our experiences with other runners, and also, so we could keep each other accountable and encouraged.


I know this isn't all that interesting right now (its always awkward for me starting these things out), but keep with us and we're sure to get into the blogging groove! So, keep in touch, and enjoy our sisterly chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment