Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bethany's Three Things Thursday

1. Excuse me while I get some cheese to go with my whine. Ever since having Ryder, almost 6 1/2 months ago, the thought of being a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) has been in the back of my mind. I'd love to do it, but the hubs says it just isn't possible right now. Even if I just worked a couple days a week and was home the rest of the week, I'd be happy. I have my days every once in awhile a lot where I wish I were at home with him. Today is one of those days. Its one of those days where I feel out of place at work and feel like I need to be home taking care of my baby. I mean, he's only a baby once. I wish I could find a good, legitimate work-from-home job that I could do, so that I could justify not working outside of the home.

2. Mark this one down for the books. Two "firsts" for him... 1. Ryder got stung by a been last night. Twice. On his fingers. Poor little baby... I felt so bad for him. The look he had on his face right after it happened was almost as bad as the look he gets when he gets his shots. His little thumb and middle finger swelled right up in no time. We ended up calling the doctor (yes, we called the on-call doctor for a bee sting), and she said we could give him some benadryl and ibuprofen to help with the swelling. He's doing much better today though, thankfully. 2. We went to get Ryder up this morning and found him in his crib lying on his tummy. This was the first time we've ever found him on his tummy in the mornings. He's usually on his side. This is especially significant considering that until this point, he's never rolled from his back to his tummy. He gets up to his side and he's perfectly content right there.

3. I've got a 50-minute training run today along with some stride drills, that I'm pretty excited about doing tonight. The weather is only getting up to the mid-70's, which will make a 6:15pm run PERFECT. Saturday is my long run day... I'm dealing with somewhat of a dilemma though. Last weekend was supposed to be a cutback week of 4 miles. I did 9.25. So, I'm wondering if I should do my cutback week this week, or just go for the full 10? If I go 10, it'll be a couple weeks ahead of schedule... but I figure I could run 10-12 miles over my last long runs of the training plan before the half marathon in October. What to do, what to do?


Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in your sister's bible study...
    Thought you might like to see this
    http://www.crown.org/Tools/Calculators/Work_OneIncome.aspx
    It let's you compute what it 'costs' to work. Your husband might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks for that! I'll show that to him...

    ReplyDelete