Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 ... Never forget.

I'd like to start this post just by honoring 9/11 and those who were lost in this tragedy. It happened 9 years ago today, but I will NEVER forget sitting there before class at school, my senior year, turning on the tv just before the 2nd plane flew into the tower. I remember sitting there, thinking, "this can't possibly be happening. this can't be nearly as serious as it seems." But it was happening. And it was as serious as it seemed. Little did I know, that day would become a memory that seared itself into my brain for the rest of my life. And I wasn't even one who was directly affected. I was fortunate enough to not be in NY. I was fortunate enough to not have any friends or family in NY. I can't imagine the feelings that went through the minds of the people who had loved ones working in the twin towers and in the Pentagon building. I can't imagine the feelings that they experience every year on this anniversary.

I believe in God. I don't just believe in Him, I KNOW He's there. I know that He is there, next to those family members who lost someone on that day, and He is there comforting them every second. Throughout every day, I like to constantly be in conversation with God. I try to speak with Him all day long, letting Him walk me through the day. Today, every chance I get, I'm going to be praying for those families affected by 9/11. I ask you to do the same. Every time you are reminded of what today stands for, I ask that you just say a prayer, asking God to comfort those families today. How can we not? As believers, we have the option to pray anywhere and everywhere we want. We can pray out loud, or silently in our hearts. God hears our prayers no matter what. Its literally the simplest thing we can do for those who are feeling overcome by grief today. I take comfort in knowing that when I pray for those families, God WILL be there with them. I love my God and I love that He is a LOVING and MERCIFUL God. He loves each and every one of us, believers or not, and wants a relationship with all of us. I love knowing that, while I may not be able to send money or give a victim's family member an actual hug, I know that God is there with them, and that's the most important thing.

I was going to make this post partially about running, but I'll leave it at this. I hope today's post speaks to and opens hearts. Feel free to check out my other blog too, HERE. Its my somewhat-daily blog about finding God every day in my life.

Have a great day today... Good luck with any of you going out on their long runs today. I'll be dedicating my 9-11 mile run today to those affected by 9/11. God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment